Check out Mini-memeorandum for simple mobiles or memeorandum Mobile for modern smartphones.
11:00 AM ET, August 3, 2015

memeorandum

 Top Items: 
Jonathan Martin / New York Times:
Jeb Bush's Camp Sees an Upside to Donald Trump's Surge in the G.O.P.  —  WASHINGTON — It may be the Summer of Trump, but the publicity-hungry real estate magnate is not the only Republican presidential candidate relishing all his attention.  —  Donald J. Trump's surge in the polls has been met …
RELATED:
Byron York / Washington Examiner:
Should Jeb have fired back when Hillary attacked?  —  Share Tweet Reddit Digg Mail Print SMS More  —  Some observers say former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush seemed unprepared when Hillary Clinton attacked him as both spoke to the National Urban League meeting in Ft. Lauderdale Friday.
Ross Douthat / New York Times:
The Donald's Gifts for Jeb Bush
Discussion: SaintPetersBlog
Mike Barnicle / The Daily Beast:
Authentic Biden vs. Hillary's Mystery  —  Who Hillary Clinton really is remains a mystery.  With Joe Biden, what you see is what you get.  —  He was a wonderfully gifted young man, only 25 years old, a lieutenant in the Marine Corps headed to Afghanistan in the summer of 2012 when he died suddenly …
Discussion: The Federalist
RELATED:
Rebecca Kaplan / CBS News:
Donald Trump: “I pay as little as possible” in taxes
Discussion: Hot Air, Daily Mail and whorunsGov
Maryalice Parks / ABC News:
Bernie Sanders Responds to Possible Joe Biden Run
Discussion: Daily Mail
ABC News:
‘This Week’ Transcript: Donald Trump
Discussion: PoliticusUSA
Paul Singer / USA Today:
Everson to file complaint over first GOP debate  —  The Republican presidential race kicks off in earnest this week with the first GOP debate in Cleveland Thursday.  Meanwhile all 17 candidates are jockeying to get a spot on the stage and a place in the hearts and minds of voters.  (Aug. 2) AP
RELATED:
Steven Thomma / McClatchy Washington Bureau:
Marist suspends primary poll to avoid being part of debate
Discussion: National Review and Politico
Stan Collender / Forbes:
Now 60% Chance Of A Government Shutdown  —  The chance of a federal government shutdown increased dramatically and precipitously last week from 40 percent to 60 percent.  It's now more likely than not that a shutdown will result from the craziness going on in Washington.
Politico:
Growing signs Schumer will oppose Iran deal  —  'He's got the toughest vote of his career coming,' a colleague says of the New York Democrat, who insists he's undecided.  —  Chuck Schumer is getting an earful from opponents of the Iran nuclear deal.  —  More than 10,000 phone calls …
RELATED:
Michael Goodwin / New York Post:   Why Schumer will side with Obama on Iran deal
Walter Rubel / Las Cruces Sun-News:
Las Cruces police investigate explosions near Calvary Baptist, Holy Cross  —  No injuries: Devices placed just outside churches in trash can, mail box  —  wrubel@lcsun-news.com @WaltRubel on Twitter  —  LAS CRUCES >> Explosions about a half hour apart shattered the serenity …
Catherine Thompson / Talking Points Memo:
Scott Walker Still Unsure If Obama Is A Christian: 'I Don't Know'  —  Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) said he still doesn't know whether Barack Obama is Christian, months after a spokesperson had to clarify that the governor wasn't casting doubt on the President's faith.
Discussion: Mock Paper Scissors
RELATED:
Bob Cesca / Salon:
Wing-nut conspiracy theorists have done it again: The truth about the Planned Parenthood hoax revealed  —  Probes into alleged for-profit organ harvesting have turned up exactly nothing.  So why won't the right take a hint?  —  A still from the video “Planned Parenthood Uses Partial-Birth Abortions …
Scott W. Johnson / City Journal:
An Updated Racial Hustle  —  Thoughts on Ta-Nehisi Coates's new book  —  Between the World and Me, by Ta-Nehesi Coates (Spiegel & Grau, 176 pp., $24)  —  Designation as the liberals' official angry black man is a lucrative job.  The market is upscale, but the job is only temporary.
Discussion: Power Line
Jake Halpern / New Yorker:
The Cop  —  Darren Wilson was not indicted for shooting Michael Brown.  Many people in Ferguson question whether justice was done. … “I know it's late, but you wanna come up for a coconut or something?”  —  BUY THE PRINT » … BUY THE PRINT » … “Once you learn, though, you'll never forget.”
Discussion: The Week
Philip Elliott / TIME:
Ted Cruz Says Climate-Change Fears Falsified by Scientists and Politicians  —  Sen. Ted Cruz on Sunday said facts don't support climate change, in a speech that described the notion as a front for power-hungry politicians who want to control Americans' lives.
Discussion: Talking Points Memo and The Week
Craig Whitlock / Washington Post:
Sen. Graham moved up in Air Force Reserve ranks despite light duties  —  Of all the candidates vying to become the nation's next commander in chief, none has spent as much time in the military as Sen. Lindsey O. Graham.  The South Carolina Republican retired from the Air Force this summer …
Discussion: The Week, Twitchy and fox8.com
NBC News:
Meet The Press Transcript - August 2, 2015  —  CHUCK TODD:  —  This Sunday, a potential political bombshell.  Word that Joe Biden is now seriously considering taking on Hillary Clinton for the Democratic nomination.  We'll have the latest on what we really know.  Also, game on.
RELATED:
Heather / Latest from Crooks and Liars:
Trump On Black Lives Matter: ‘We Have To Give Power Back To The Police’
Discussion: Hullabaloo
 
 
 Archived Page Info: 
This is a snapshot of memeorandum at 11:00 AM ET, August 3, 2015.

View the current page or another snapshot:


 
 Who's Hiring in Media? 
 
Add your company here
 
 See Also: 
memeorandum: site main
memeorandum River: reverse chronological memeorandum
memeorandum Mobile: for phones
memeorandum Leaderboard: memeorandum's top sources
 
 Subscribe: 
memeorandum RSS feed
memeorandum on Twitter
 
 
 More Items: 
Jasmine Norwood / WTVR-TV:
Granny buys gun after intruder enters West End home, climbs into bed
Discussion: ABC News and abc13.com
Dave Sheinin / Washington Post:
Ledecky smashes record in 1500 freestyle
Steve Politi / New Jersey Online:
Christie booed mercilessly — twice — at the Haskell
Discussion: Talking Points Memo
David Remnick / New Yorker:
Exit, Stage Left
Albert R. Hunt / Bloomberg View:
Congress's Missteps Could Weigh Down Republican Candidates
Discussion: Balloon Juice and New York Times
 Earlier Items: 
Mark Hensch / The Hill:
Trump: GOP challengers ‘viciously’ attacked me
Discussion: ABC News and Daily Mail
Annie Karni / Politico:
Hillary Clinton set to launch $2 million ad campaign
Discussion: ABC News
Matt Apuzzo / New York Times:
Training Officers to Shoot First, and He Will Answer Questions Later
Discussion: Raw Story
Margaret Sullivan / New York Times:
The Tortured Tale of Hillary Clinton and The Times
Richard Winton / Los Angeles Times:
Overdoses suspected in deaths of 2 women at HARD Summer music festival
Discussion: KTLA, Daily Mail and KRON4.com